Monday, March 8, 2010

Spicey Minty Peas Pulao by Bhuvana Venkatesan



As you see Bhu is my guest-blogger today and before you move to checking out her adige, lemme introduce you to this Bindaas Gal.

I’ve known Naga (my friend, philosopher, guide for all the wrong reasons..hehe) for 6 yrs now and the best thing about him actually turned out to be his kid sister, Bhu :D . She is my official partner in crime. Be it learning bollywood jatkas, gossiping behind her bro, checking out pools to swim, eating ice-cream and all the other unnecessary stuff tat we girls like to do, am assured to have her around me. We have got a long “To-do-before-we-die” list and thanks to her enthu we’ve managed to make a good start!

Am honored to Bhu for trying her PR professional skills in making my blog known to all and equally honored to have her write her first Peal Pulav making experience ! So here you go …..


Spicey Minty Peas Pulao by Bhuvana Venkatesan

Happy Woman's Day to all the beautiful women......unconditional love, endless compromises, and a undaunted attitude - that's what we women stand for and i am proud to be a woman. Thanks Sowmya for giving me this opportunity to be on your blog. I feel like a celebrity :)

Two very special people in my life celebrate their birthdays this week - My bro Naga whose bday was yesterday and my darling mommy whose bday is today. I am not a regular cook and decided to give my mom a break from her cooking and hence embarked upon to make peas pulao.

Ingredients:

This is for two people

- Peas - 1/2 kg

- Tomato - one

- Green chillies - 4

- Ginger and garlic - according to taste

- Garam masala - 1/2 spoon

- Mint, Coriander leaves - a handful

- Basmati Rice - 1 pav

- Coconut milk - 330 ml

- Cashew nuts - 8-10

- Cloves - 4 - 5

- Cinammon - 4 -5

Method:

1. Grind tomato, garam masala, chillies, ginger, garlic add little salt into a paste

2. In a cooker put little oil, ghee and fry cashew nuts, cloves and cinnamon till the cashews turn brown

3. Now add the garam masala mix - stir for 1 minute

4. Add the basmati rice - mix for a while say 2 minutes

5. Add coconut milk and salt according to your taste followed by fresh peas.

Serve hot with cucumber salad.



4 comments:

  1. @ Sowmya : Hi Sowmya. you have an interesting.. really interesting blog out here. I m surely gonna be referring it to it when i cook :)Great going !!

    @ bhu : yippie bhu.. now u make peas pulav and get for us in office :) what say ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Poojitha for dropping by and leaving a comment :) Yes ! pls feel free to write to me if you wana be a guest-writer like Bhu too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the day i cook something without it becoming a disaster I shall definitely write to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha..I pray it comes out well. God Bless ! :D

    ReplyDelete